FIX: MAMP MySQL server won’t start, a usual MAMP headache : I’m currently using MAMP for local PHP development on OS Sierra. It works ok, except for a tendency to bug out when starting up again after first quitting the application once. So if you get the “Error: Could not connect to MySQL server!” notice, here’s a fix:
FIX: MAMP MySQL server won’t start, a usual MAMP headache
- Quit MAMP
- Open the terminal and type:
killall -9 mysqld
- Restart MAMP
That should do it. If it’s still not working, then try this method.
Remove the files
ib_logfileN (N being the number) from the
Then restart MAMP.
P.S Make sure to quit MAMP before you delete those files…
Once you have MAMP up and running this window the start page what I call it will be popped up and running! Tada! Don’t forget to subscribe us on social media so you don’t miss out on juicy tips!
*** UPDATE 5th Feb 2018 ***
- mamp start page wont open
- mamp mysql server not starting
- mamp wont start mysql server
- mamp not connecting to Mysql server
- mamp cant start server
- woedpress wont connect to MAMP
- mamp cant connect to sql server
- mamp cant connect to mysql server
- mamp mysql server not showing windows
- MAMP MySQL server wont run on new Windows 10 update
- mamp not connecting to mysql