FIX: MAMP MySQL server won’t start, a usual MAMP headache : I’m currently using MAMP for local PHP development on OS Sierra. It works ok, except for a tendency to bug out when starting up again after first quitting the application once. So if you get the “Error: Could not connect to MySQL server!” notice, here’s a fix:
FIX: MAMP MySQL server won’t start, a usual MAMP headache
- Quit MAMP
- Open the terminal and type:
killall -9 mysqld
- Restart MAMP
That should do it. If it’s still not working, then try this method.
Remove the files
ib_logfileN (N being the number) from the
Then restart MAMP.
P.S Make sure to quit MAMP before you delete those files…
Once you have MAMP up and running this window the start page what I call it will be popped up and running! Tada! Don’t forget to subscribe us on social media so you don’t miss out on juicy tips!
*** UPDATE 5th Feb 2018 ***
- mamp start page wont open
- mamp apache server wont start
- windows mamp apache wont start
- mamp wont start
- mamp windows apache not working with php 7 3 7
- mamp sql server not connecting
- mamp server wont start
- mamp local host doesnt open
- mamp keeps disconnecting sql server
- mamp error solution in win 7
- mamp can\t open start page