Change WordPress Site URL Via phpMyAdmin : How to change your WordPress installation’s site URL in the event you no longer have access to the previous domain name.
NOTE: Before proceeding with any change, it is HIGHLY recommended you save a backup of your database prior to making any change.
Change WordPress Site URL Via phpMyAdmin
- Log into the cPanel account for the domain in question.
- Click on the “phpMyAdmin” icon within the “Databases” section.
- Expand the database associated with the WordPress installation and select the “wp_options” table.
- Search for “siteurl” within the “option_name” column and click the “Edit” link on the same row.
- Change the domain name within the “option_value” section.NOTE: Be sure to only change the domain name and not the directory.
- Click the “Go” button when done.
- This should take you back to the wp_options table where the new domain will now be listed.
- Navigate through the pages and search for “home” within the “option_name” column and click the “Edit” link on the same row.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 to change the URL.
- Once done, you should now be able to access WordPress using the new domain name.
- netflix installing netflix thanks installing
- change siteurl in phpmyadmin